RBC bank or Royal Bank of Canada is the largest bank in Canada. The bank has more than 80,000 employees all over the world. They’re headquartered in Montreal & Toronto. Their credit card programme is one of the best in Canada.
And to use the RBC bank credit card, you must activate your credit card first using their website www.rbc.com/activate. We’ve a step by step guide on activating your RBC credit card and their customer service info in this page.
|Bank Name||Royal Bank|
- How to activate your RBC Credit Card?
- About Royal Bank of Canada
- About RBC Credit Cards
- RBC Customer Service
How to activate your RBC Credit Card?
Follow the below given steps to activate your RBC credit card:
- Click on the below given button to access the www.rbc.com/activate website. You can also type in the url on your address bar to access the site.
- Now, on the next page, you’ll be welcomed by an image of a credit card and on the side of it, you’ll see a space to enter your credit card number.
- Enter you card number on the space given.
- After that, click on the “Begin your activation” button.
- Now, on the next page, you’ll be asked to enter the contact details of the card owner.
- Fill in your info as you gave on applying for the card.
- After that, click on the “Finish” button.
- You’ll be shown a message that your card has been activated.
- You can now use the card on anywhere the card is accepted.
That’s it, your card can now be used anywhere cards are accepted, now that you’ve activated using the rbc.com/activate website.
About Royal Bank of Canada
Royal Bank of Canada is a public company which trades as RY in Toronto Stock Exchange, New York Stock Exchange, and SIX Swiss Exchange. It is one of the oldest and largest banks in Canada, found in 1864. It was found in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The bank is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and Montreal, Québec, Canada. David I. McKay is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Royal Bank of Canada.
The bank has the following subsidiaries:
- City National Bank
- RBC Bank
- Royal Bank of Trinidad and Tobago
The institution number or the bank number of Royal Bank of Canada is 003. The Bank has seventy-eight thousand employees as of 2016 and has its branch offices in about 40 different countries.
- RBC is involved in banking with its unit RBC Royal Bank, which does both personal and corporate banking. RBC expert team guides you to start and grow your own business with the help of corporate banking.
- It is a good personal banker giving attractive services and offers with its credit and debit cards, investment options, loans, and mortgages.
- RBC Capital Markets provides insight to investors, asset managers, and government organization. It also helps the corporates to raise capital, access markets and helps in buying or selling assets based on the market trends.
- It also does investment banking, sales, and trading, global markets, US municipal finance and more. This unit has generated a revenue of C$7.95 billion and net income of C$2.27 billion in 2016.
- Royal Bank of Canada Insurance serves about 5 million people. It provides insurance for life, insurance health, insurance of travel, insurance of your assets such as home and auto. It also provides insurance of creditor and business insurance. So, you can approach RBC insurance for any kind of insurance required.
- Royal Bank of Canada also helps in wealth management; it guides people in achieving personal goals and legacy which are left by their relatives. RBC wealth management guides people on personal banking, asset management, private banking, investment management etc.
- Royal Bank of Canada Investor & Treasury Services guides its investors of asset services, custody, payments and treasury services.
If we see the financial status of the Royal Bank of Canada in the year 2016, it has generated a revenue of USD 35.28 billion, a net income of USD 8.35 billion and has assets of USD 1.2 trillion worth.
Awards and Recognition
- It was listed in world’s 100 most powerful banks in 2007
- It is known as the most respected corporation in Canada
- Oct 2008, Royal Bank of Canada was featured in Maclean’s newsmagazine
- Oct 2008, it was listed as Canada’s Top 100 Employers
- Nov 2008, the bank was listed as Greater Toronto’s Top Employers
- RBC is known to be world’s most environmentally friendly company
- 2011, it became the largest Canadian company by revenue and market capitalization
- 2013, RBC was at No. 50 in the Forbes Global 2000 listing
- Nov 2017, the Royal Bank of Canada achieved inclusion in the Financial Stability Board’s list
RBC is the official sponsor of various events such as the Toronto International Film Festival, the RBC Taylor Prize, Canadian Women Entrepreneur Award to name a few. 1% of the net income of these sponsored events without taxes is given out to charity by the Royal Bank of Canada.
About RBC Credit Cards
In this world of technology, where security and convenience is the call, most of us would like to possess credit card which enables the access cash on the go without any worry.
Royal bank which provides the credit cards has certain categories of credit cards like Travel, Rewards, Cashback, Business, Student, Low-interest credit cards and more.
Here are some of the prominent RBC Credit Cards:
RBC Visa Infinite Avion
Card Details – Choose any airline, any flight, anytime without seat restrictions and blackouts. Get access to luxury visa Infinite benefits.
Annual fee – $120
- Earn 20% more RBC rewards always on fuel
- Earn 1RBC point for every $1 spent
- Earn 25% on eligible travel expenses
Key features – Instant fuel savings at Petro Canada if you link your card. Also features extensive insurance coverage.
RBC Rewards + Visa
Card Details – Primary cardholders get up to 500 points for sharing an email address, downloading and signing up for the mobile app. You can make Interac e-transfer with a mobile app with personalized features.
Annual fee – Nil
- For every $1 spent on gas, grocery, and drug store earn 1 RBC Reward point.
- For every $2 spent on other purchases.
- Bag up to 3500 bonus points for going digital.
- Make secure online payments with your RBC credit or debit card. Just one click and you’re on your way.
- It features protection for your purchases.
RBC Cashback MasterCard
Card Details – Your credits automatically accumulate so you don’t need to keep track. There is no limit to what you get back.
Annual fee – Nil
- Save money on shopping, dining and more with personalized offers.
- 2% Cashback on every grocery store purchase.
Key features – Enhanced security with PIN Technology which protects from fraud cases. Provides protection for your purchase and extended warranty insurance. Also features Zero Liability protection.
West Jet RBC MasterCard
Card Details – Receive $50 for your first use. Earn dollars on the everyday purchase. Travel wherever you want without restrictions.
Annual fee – $39
- Receive a welcome offer of $50 with your first purchase.
- For every qualifying purchase, you make you earn 1% west jet dollars.
- When you buy west jet flights or vacation packages using your card you earn 1.5% west jet dollars.
Key features – Link your card and instantly save on fuel. The card features guaranteed 24/7 assured assistance customer services.
For these two RBC master cards, you must activate before starting to use it. Follow the RBC activate MasterCard step by step guide we wrote in the second paragraph.
Card Details– A convenient and affordable choice for the business owner who wants a simple way to track and manage business expenses and flexibility to build a credit history in the name of the business.
Annual fee – $12
Rewards – Nil
Key features – Managing the payments and transactions from anywhere, anytime online. Also helps you manage the personal and business expenses processes separately.
Improves your cash management. The low competitive interest rate is yet another additional feature.
By value added services such as optional Travel, RBC road assist, Insurance, Balance protector insurance, identity theft protection, cash back and many more other services you can make most out of your RBC Card.
For this card too, you’ve to go through the same steps of rbc activate Visa debit card that we talked about in the steps given in the beginning.
RBC Customer Service
RBC Customer Service Phone Number
Here is the customer service toll free phone number of Robal Bank of Canada’s www.rbc.com/activate website. You can contact them anytime you want in the working hours.
Personal and Business Banking Credit Cards
Private Banking Credit Cards
Talk to Industry Expert
You can talk to an industry expert from RBC bank if you want for expert guidance for this. Click on the below given button to get in touch with them:
RBC Customer Support on Social Media
You can also contact them using their social media accounts. Below given are the social media links of RBC:
We guess you were able to activate your RBC credit card using the www.rbc.com/activate website. Do let us know what you think about them and comment down your opinion about them using the comment box below.