BMO or Bank of Montreal is one of the big five banks in the Canada. It is also the fourth largest bank in Canada and also is among the top 10 banks in North America. They’ve various credit cards for users, which you can get from them. Also, before you want to use the credit card, you’ve to activate your credit card before using it.
In this page, we show you how to activate your BMO credit card using www.bmo.com/activate website on this page, with a step by step guide. And also their bmo.com activate customer support info and more.
|Bank Name||Bank of Montreal|
- How to Activate your BMO Credit Card?
- About Bank of Montreal
- About BMO Credit Cards
- BMO Customer Service
How to Activate your BMO Credit Card?
Follow the below given steps to know how to activate your BMO credit card online. Read on:
- Click on the below given button to access the www.bmo.com/activate website, which is the official site from BMO to activate their card. You can also type down their address on the address bar on your browser.
- Now, on the next page, you’ll see the option to type in your card number.
- Enter the card number in the space given and click on the “Submit” button.
- Now, on the next page, you’ll be asked to provide details of the card holder.
- Ensure that you enter your correct details when asked.
- After this, proceed to complete the card activation process by clicking on the “Finish” button.
- Now your credit card has been activated using the bmo.com/activate website and you can use this card to do your transactions like a normal card.
About Bank of Montreal
The Bank of Montreal which operates as the BMO Financial groups and commonly shortened as BMO was founded in 1817 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is one among the Big Five banks in Canada.
Basing on assets and marketing capitalization, Bank of Montreal is the fourth largest bank in Canada and is enlisted in the ten largest banks in North America.
The BMO’s official head office is in Montreal, located on Saint Jacques street while the chairman, president, and other executive officers work in Toronto offices at first Canadian place.
Subsidiaries of the Bank of Montreal
- BMO Capital Markets
- BMO Harris Banks
- BMO Nesbitt Burns
Services of Bank of Montreal
The Bank of Montreal provides the following services:
Easy transactions and payments with one finger swipe. It provides you the Android pay and Apple pay apps to make it user-friendly to pay by using debit and credit cards of BMO.
It features BMO ATM banking, BMO Telephone banking, BMO Branch Banking services too.
It saves the trip to ATM or bank by direct deposit of funds service. The automatic bill payments from your BMO bank account are made on their due dates by the pre-authorized payment feature.
There is also a free service named BMO Power Switch that helps transferring pre-authorized payment from another financial institution and create new Pre-Authorized Payments from your new BMO chequing account and credit card.
Transferring of money overseas for personal or business purpose is made simple and convenient by BMO Money transfer services. There is another quick, convenient and secure way to receive and send money called as wire Transfers.
Travelling is made easy with BMO travel services which provide travel insurance, BMO Prepaid Travel MasterCard, and foreign currency exchange.
Awards and Recognition
- On December 8th, 2017 BMO won the top honor for corporate reporting.
- On November 30th, 2017 BMO has been named as Best Canadian Mobile Brokerage
- On November 29th, 2017 BMO Capital Markets was named the Best Canadian Bank for Canadian Dollar.
- On November 23rd, 2017 BMO Financial group was best in the class Canadian company.
- On November 9th, 2017 BMO Global Asser Management has been recognized at, 2017 Thomson Reuters Lipper fund awards.
- On October 10th, 2017 BMO Financial group has been ranked 19th in 2017 Thomson Reuters Diversity and Inclusion Index.
- On April 27th, 2017 BMO was recognized as a great place to work.
- On April 5th, 2017, BMO Financial group bags gender equality award.
- On February 14th, 2017 BMO was honored spirit award by United Way Toronto.
- On February 1st, 2017 BMO Financial group bags catalyst Award.
- On January 17th, 2017 BMO was named as the most sustainable corporation in the world.
Memberships of BMO
The BMO is a member of Canadian Bankers Association and the registered Member of Canada insurance deposit corporation.
They’re also a member of the following organisations:
- ATM Industry Association
- Air Miles
- Master Club
- Diners Club
Sponsorships of BMO
- BMO was the sponsor of BMO Maple leafs from at least 2007 through 2011.
- Since 2007, it has been the sponsor of the Toronto FC of Major League Soccer.
- It became the sponsor of the title of annual May Marathon race in 2005.
- It has been the major sponsor of the skate Canada since 1997.
BMO is the major sponsor and founder of the Siminovitch prize in theatre an award of $100,000 to a Canadian director.
About BMO Credit Cards
Bank of Montreal (BMO) is a 2000-year-old organization founded in 1817 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is a publicly traded bank in TSX, NYSE and S&P/TSX 60 component.
The bank offers its customers with different credit cards such as cash back, rewards, air miles, no annual fees, and premium.
Also, you’ve to activate your BMO card before you can use them. You must’ve read the steps for activating your card using bmo.com/activate (if you haven’t read that, scroll up now).
Here are some of the BMO Credit Cards with their benefits:
BMO CashBack Master Card
Welcome Offer: This card offers cash back of 4% after first 4 months
Annual Fees: Nil
Rewards: You will get 1% cash back on all the purchases made on your credit card
- You get a discount of 25% National Car Rental® and Alamo Rent-a-Car
- More protection and warranty on cards
- You can add additional cardholders
BMO Air Miles World Elite Master Card
Welcome Offer: Swipe your card for buying air tickets. If you are able to make 3000 air miles in first 12 months, the annual fees of $ 120 will not be applicable
Annual Fees: $ 120
Rewards: Spend $ 10 on your credit card and get one air mile. The more you spend the more air miles will get added.
- 2 annual passes of $150 as complimentary passes at VIP airport lounges
- VIP access to airport lounges
- Purchase protection and extended warranty
- The card covers travel and medical protection
BMO World Elite Master Card
Welcome Offer: Spend about $ 350 in the first 12 months, the annual fees will be waived and you get $ 200 in travel rewards.
Annual Fees: $ 150
Rewards: On spending $ 1 you get twice the reward points
- It provides complimentary airport lounge passes of amount USD 200 per year
- BMO World Elite Total Travel and Medical Protection of about USD 2 million
- BMO reward points can be increased by adding additional cardholders.
BMO Air Miles Master Card
Welcome Offer: The card offers 500 air miles bonus and then 3 times the miles you travel in the first 6 months
Annual Fees: $ 0
Rewards: On spending $ 20 you get one mile added
- You can get 1.25 times the air miles when you swipe the card at Shell and 1.5 times the air miles when you swipe card at National Car Rental and Alamo Rent-a-Car
- You can add additional cardholders for free and have more miles added
- The card offers purchase protection and extended warranty
BMO Cashback World Elite Master Card
Welcome Offer: you get 4% cash back in first 4 months on all the purchases made
Annual Fees: $ 120
Rewards: you get cash back of 1.5 % on all the spending from credit card
- You can add additional cardholders at USD 50 per year and get the advantage of having more cashback
- BMO Cashback World Elite Travel and Medical Protection which covers USD2 million when out of city or country for 8 days
- The card offers purchase protection plus and an extended warranty plus for the items bought with swiping this card
To activate these BMO MasterCard credit cards, don’t forget to follow the steps given above. That will answer your question of how to activate my mastercard online?
BMO Customer Service
BMO Customer Service Phone Number
Below given is the toll free customer service phone number of BMO credit cards:
BMO Customer Service Email Support
You can also contact them using their email support by sending an email to the below given email address:
BMO Social Media Support
You can also connect with them through social media. Below given are their social media links to connect with them:
Book an Appointment with BMO Customer Service
Not satisfied still? You can book an appointment with BMO by visiting the below given button:
We hope you were able to activate your BMO credit card using the steps given on this page. If you’ve any option of yours about www.bmo.com/activate, you can do that by commenting on the comments box given below.