Scotiabank or The Bank of Nova Scotia is one of the biggest banks operating in Canada. It is service more than 24 million customers across 50 countries all around the world. They offer various services to their customers including a credit card program, which is absolutely one of the best in the country of Canada.
In this page, we’re going to talk about the Scotiabank credit card and how to activate it. As you can use your Scotiabank credit card only after activating it using the Scotiabank.com/activatecreditcard website. We’re talking about just that, with a step by step guide on completing the card activation process and more. Read on!
|Bank Name||Scotia Bank|
- How to activate your Scotiabank credit card online?
- How to activate your Scotiabank credit card without an internet connection?
- About Scotiabank
- About Scotiabank Credit Card
- Scotiabank Customer Service
- Scotiabank Customer Service Phone Number
- Scotiabank Social Media Support
- Scotiabank Mail Support
How to activate your Scotiabank credit card online?
Follow the below given steps to know how to activate your Scotiabank credit card you’ve with you now.
- First, access the online banking web page of Scotiabank to activate your credit card. Click on the button given below for that or enter scotiabank.com/activatecreditcard on the address bar of your browser.
- Now, on the next page, you’ll be asked to enter your card number. Write in your credit card number on the space given and click on the “Continue” button.
- Now, on the next page, you’ll be asked to enter your contact details.
- Do enter the correct details as the same as that one you gave when you started the account. Else it won’t get verified.
- After completing the details, click on the “Verify” button on the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, you’ll be shown a notification that your card has been verified if the details are correct. You’ll also get a text on your phone saying the same.
How to activate your Scotiabank credit card without an internet connection?
You can also activate your credit without internet if you want it that way. Call the below given toll free number of Scotiabank first:
1 (800) 806-8600
This is the card activation assistance hotline of Scotiabank. Call this number and you can connect to their employee who’ll help you to activate your card once you answer their questions.
The Bank of Nova Scotia also known as Scotia Bank is the third largest bank in Canada in terms of deposits and market capitalization. The bank is under the leadership of president and CEO Brain J Poter.
The bank was founded in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1832, in the year 1900, Scotia Bank then moved its executive offices to Toronto, Ontario.
Scotia bank institution number or bank number is 002, it shares trades on Toronto Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange.
It has eighty-nine thousand two hundred and fourteen employees as of 2015. It has branches in 55 different countries of the world and is serving around 23 million customers.
Services offered by Scotiabank
- Personal and commercial banking
- Wealth management
- Corporate and investment banking
The Scotia Bank Subsidiaries
- Canadian banking: It provides financial and banking solutions with excellent customer service to business customers across Canada.
2. International banking: Deals in all kinds of financial sectors, provides solutions and advice to retail and commercial customers outside Canada. It also deals in services offered by global banking markets and global wealth insurance.
3. Global wealth and insurance: It deals in wealth management and insurance sector in Canada and overseas.
4. Global banking and markets: It deals with wholesale and capital marketing and offers a wide range of products and service in the corporate sector.
Banking services provided by Scotia Bank
- Banking and investing accounts: It helps in opening an account. The bank specialist helps customers with different kinds of service options, protecting from fraud and how to monitor and manage the cash flow in their accounts.
- Electronic banking: Customers can access their bank account from anywhere and everywhere around the world. They can send and receive money instantly. Customers can opt for daily account details option as well.
- Around the globe, services include: Efficient and timely processing of instant access to information, simplified reconciliation and reduced exposure to risk.
- Global cash management: Electronic payment solutions that simply help in making and receiving the payment instantly by saving your time.
- Commercial and business cards: Manages and tracks your company purchases, personal, travel and entertainment expenses by a penny.
- Trade Finance: Providing financial assistance for importers and exporters in helping to minimize and to maximize trade opportunities.
- Correspondent banking: Innovative, customized solutions in payments, collections, clearing and trade services.
The financial status of Scotia Bank as of 2016, it has generated a revenue of 26.05 billion CA Dollars (Canadian Dollar), net income of 7.143 billion CA dollars and total assets worth 896.497 billion CA dollars.
Awards and Recognition
- The Bank of Scotia was awarded the best foreign exchange provider in Canada, Peru, and Jamaica in the year 2014
- The Bank of Scotia was awarded the world’s best emerging market banks in Latin America in the year 2014.
- The Bank of Scotia was awarded the bank of the year in Canada, British Virgin Islands, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago in the year 2013.
- It is also recognized as the best multinational companies to work for in Central, Latin and Caribbean Island by a great place to work.
- It is awarded by International Finance Corporation as the best partner bank in trade and supply chain for finance in Europe and Central Asia for the year 2013.
- It is also recognized in the top 100 brand finance banks for the year 2013.
Corporate Sponsorship and Branding
- It was announced earlier this year (2017) that Scotia Bank purchased the naming rights to Air Canada Center for $800 million dollars. The multi-sport complex will be renamed as Scotia Arena on July 1, 2018.
- Scotia bank has been the title sponsor of Calgary’s Scotia bank’s saddle dome from October 8, 2010.
- From the year 2008, Scotia bank is the official team sponsor of the Canadian Cricket Team and the title sponsor of the national T20 championship in Canada.
Corporate and Social responsibility
- The Scotia bank bright future program is the bank’s global philanthropic vision. The bank’s multinational reach has provided a unique possibility to help people throughout the world through corporate giving and employee volunteer programmers; it covers education, health, social services and environmental arts and culture.
- In the year 2013, Scotia bank contributed $62 million in donations and sponsorship for the community causes around the world.
- Scotia bank employees spent 424,000 hours in 2013 in volunteering and fundraising through formal community programmers.
BNS is a member of the Canadian Bankers Association (CBA) and is a registered member of the Canada deposit insurance Corporation (CDIC). It is a federal agency insuring deposits at all Canada’s chartered banks.
About Scotiabank Credit Card
The credit card has lately become the basic essential for every individual nowadays.
The Scotia Bank provides credit cards under the categories like Travel, Cashback, Rewards, student and more.
Scotia Bank Gold American Express Card
Welcome offer – First annual fee relinquished plus earn 25,000 bonus points with your first $1000 in everyday purchase in first three months.
Annual fee – $99
Rate and credit limit – 19.99% on purchases, 22.99% on cash advance, balance transfers and Scotia credit card cheques. And the minimum credit limit is $5000.
For every $1 spent on grocery, dining, gas stations and entertainment you earn 4 scotia reward points and for every $1 spent on anything else, you get 1 point.
- Take best price guarantee on airfare and also you can book or redeem the flights anytime or anywhere with full travel agency services.
- Enjoy complimentary concierge service which helps 24/7 in planning restaurants, reservation, tickets for show etc.,
- The deal further extends to extraordinary discounts, offers, rewards, special amenities, privileges and 7 types of travel insurances.
Scotia Momentum MasterCard
Welcome offer – No annual fee and 7.99% introductory interest rate on purchases for the first six months.
Annual fee – $0
Rate and credit limit – $19.99% on purchases, 22.99% on cash advances including balance transfers. And the minimum credit limit is $500
Earn 1% cash back on gas station, grocery store, drug store expenses and 0.5% cash back on other purchases.
- Make the most of your card by consolidating all your current recurring payments on your card and turning them to cash rewards.
- Get an additional supplementary card and access to exciting experiences.
- Feel reassured and secured with zero liability protection.
Scotia value Visa card
Welcome offer – It offers 0.99% introductory interest rate on balance transfers for first six months.
Annual fee – $29
Rate and credit limit – 11.99% on purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances. And the minimum credit limit is $500.
Rewards – Nil
- Get an additional supplementary card for a friend or family member with added Benefits.
- Make secure, easy and quick payments with your smartphone.
- A lower interest rate makes this card affordable to make purchases or payments.
Scotiabank GM Visa Card
Welcome offer – On first $5000 spent annually, you earn up to 5% GM earnings and 2% thereafter.
Annual fee – $0
Rate and credit limit – 17.99% on purchases, Balance Transfers, cash advances and Scotiabank credit card cheques. And the minimum credit limit is $500.
Rewards – Nil
- The earnings do not expire as long as you are the cardholder.
- Your purchases are extended to warranty and secured.
- There are no earning caps and redemption limits.
Scene Visa Card
Welcome offer – First purchase earns you 2000 bonus points.
Annual fee – $0
Rate and credit limit – 19.99% on purchase and 22.9% on balance transfers, cash advance and Scotiabank credit card cheques. And the minimum credit limit is $500.
For every $1 spent on everyday credit card purchases you earn 1 SCENE point and 5 SCENE points for every $1 spent on Cineplex theatres.
- Quick, easy and secure payments.
- Finances have added protection with many insurance policies.
You’ve to use the scotiabank.com activatecreditcard website to activate Scotiabank visa debit card.
Scotiabank Customer Service
Scotiabank Customer Service Phone Number
Below given is the customer service contact number of Scotiabank you can use if you come across any issue with scotiabank.com/activatecreditcard:
(Greater Toronto/outside Canada and USA, call collect)
And the phone support is available all day long, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Scotiabank Card Activation Assistance
1 (800) 806-8600
Other Scotiabank customer service phone number:
Scotiabank Credit Card Centre
- 1-800-387-6466 (Canada/USA)
- (416) 288-1440 (Greater Toronto/outside Canada and USA, call collect)
- 1-800-645-0288 (Services for Deaf, deafened and hard of hearing)
Scotiabank Platinum American Express Cards
- 1-888-860-5477 (Canada/USA)
- 416-701-7810 (Greater Toronto/outside Canada and USA, call collect)
Scotiabank Gold American Express Cards
- 1-888-860-7093 (Canada/USA)
- 416-701-7814 (Greater Toronto/outside Canada and USA, call collect)
Scotiabank American Express Cards
- 1-888-861-5443 (Canada/USA)
- 416-701-7820 (Greater Toronto/outside Canada and USA, call collect)
- Scotiabank Rewards VISA Cards
- 1-888-861-5603 (Canada/USA)
- 416-701-7824 (Greater Toronto/outside Canada and USA, call collect)
Scotiabank MasterCard Cards
- English: 1-866-286-4517
- French: 1-866-778-8103
Scotiabank Mobile Banking Help Desk
Scotiabank Social Media Support
You can also tweet them out to get support from them. Click on the below given button to a link to their twitter handle:
Scotiabank Mail Support
You can also get Scotiabank support by mail if you’re comfortable with that. Below given are the mail addresses of various Scotiabank departments:
Scotiabank Head Office
44 King St West
Scotiabank Credit Card Centre
P.O. Box 4100
ScotiaCard Customer Service
P.O. Box 4100
Scotia Life Insurance Company
100 Yonge Street, Suite 400
PO Box 4002
Scotiabank Student Loan Centre
P.O. Box 41276
Station B, Room B
1 Adelaide Street East, Suite 2700
Scotiabank Property Insurance Tracking Centre
10 Wright Blvd.
I hope you were able to activate your credit card very easily using the scotiabank.com/activatecreditcard website. Do let us know your experience with their website on the Scotiabank credit card activation process on the comments given below.